What an exciting day we had on June 8 for our Grace Fete 2019. I would like to thank all our families for bringing our community together on such an exciting day. For me, the joy of seeing so many children having so much fun was the best outcome! I would like to specifically mention our Fete Sponsors.
• Kindred – thank you for the amazing barrista coffee and for sponsoring our indoor stage and fireworks
• Pilpel Restaurant – thank you for your sponsorship and the food and drinks donations
• Caporn Piling – thank you for your sponsorship and gift of 2 tickets to Chicago in the Cent Auction
• X – Fire Games – thank you for the side show alley games equipment
• Moreton Bay Regional Council – thank you for their generous grant
• Karen Misso for being our Fete coordinator
• The staff of Grace Lutheran Primary School for running cake stalls, diner food, tuckshop food, and many of the stalls
• Sesame Lane Child Care Centres for their help with child minding services
• The GOSHC staff for their yummy waffles and help with First Aid
• Luke Howarth and Yvette D’Ath for their amazing donations to the cent auction
• The Performing Arts team for their enormous efforts on the day
• Milijana Nikolic and Rosaria La Spina for their donation of live Opera on the Green – a very special moment
• Mick Cullen for his I.T. support leading up to the fete and Virtual Reality on the day of the fete
• Peter and Anita Kellett for the robotic display and fun robotic activities at the fete
• The Grace Lutheran Congregation members for running the book stall
• The Grace College staff who manned an information stall
• The P&F for their help with selling rides passes and organising various activities
• Kylie Brown and family for their support of the drinks’ stall
• Simon and Nicole Hagen for their huge effort with the BBQ
• Royal Wholesale Meats who always donate all the meat at any sausage sizzles we do
• Kylie Ellwood for her efforts with side show alley
• Grace Swimming for their stall
• Focus Tennis Academy for their stall
• Bunnings for the donation of the grassy heads’ stall
• Coles for their generous donation of fruit for the kebabs stall
• Our past students and their parents at the Fairy Floss stall
• Unity Water for the water truck
• MBRIT – for the pallets we sat on by the stage – and the red and white bunting
• Toni Empringham from Elements Interior Design and Styling for the style coordination of the fete
• Rachel Saurini for the paintings and style she coordinated
• James Petherbridge (MSP Photography) for taking photos on the day
• Carol Jackson for her support of the plant stall
• Justin Flowers and team for their practical bump in and bump out support
• And for the many parents who helped and volunteers
And so many more people who just jumped in and helped out all day. Your support was very valued. At assembly this week I asked the students if they enjoyed the fete and they replied with a resounding YES!!! Fetes are about children and
community and I think the Grace Fete this year was a shining example of how to give joy to children and bring community together.
New and Old Uniform Changeover
The new uniform is already creeping in and looking fantastic. I know the girls are already commenting positively on the long pants and skort options. Please be advised, that the P&F have organised a second hand old uniform collection through Rotary. If you want to donate any clean, still good quality uniform items, they are accepting them in the Parent Hub at any time.
After 23 diligent years of service, Mr Bob McRae has decided to retire in July. He has been on Long Service Leave since January. We thank him for his service as a school assistant in our school and wish him every happiness as he moves into the next phase of his life.
Sadly, Mr Johnathon Fife has decided to resign due to personal reasons and will be leaving our school this term too. We welcome Mr Ricky Harper to the position of STEM Teacher from Week 1, Term 3.