At Grace Primary School we provide parents/carers with written reports twice a year and this takes place at the end of each semester.
Our report aims to;
- be readily understandable and give an accurate and objective assessment of the student’s progress and achievement
- include a judgment of the student’s achievement clearly defined against the Australian Curriculum achievement standards
- Years 3-6 are reported as A, B, C, D or E
- Prep-2 are reported as Extending, Advancing, Demonstrating, Developing, and Emerging.
Parent-Teacher-Student Conferences are scheduled in Terms 1 and 3 and aim to celebrate student learning, provide feedback and set goals for student growth.
- These conferences are centred on student work samples and demonstrations of learning.
- Teachers collect evidence in a variety of ways and over periods of time.
- Teachers engage in professional dialogue to ensure consistency of judgement.
Parents are welcome to make an appointment to speak with class teachers about progress at any time.
Each student in Years 3 and 5 undertakes the national benchmark testing program NAPLAN. The results are passed on to parents and are also used by the school to gauge individual progress and the success of our programs.
Teachers help administer a comprehensive assessment cycle which is done across all year levels in a number of Key Learning Areas. This assessment data is critical to guiding the teachers and informing the planning and programming of teaching and learning episodes.