Grace Lutheran Primary School offers support for student welfare through the provision of a Chaplain (Student Welfare Worker) funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations under the National School Chaplaincy and Student Welfare Program. Participation in the program is voluntary.
Miss Amanda Pashen works with children and parents with a variety of concerns such as:
- Resilience training
- Social skills.
Amanda Pashen has been working with children, youth and their families in a variety of contexts over the past fifteen years. Miss Pashen is currently at the school for three days a week; Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
She offers Christian counselling for students, parents and staff, specialising in child counselling, resilience and social skills.
- a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Christian Theology and Business Management and minoring in Behavioural Science
- a Graduate Certificate in Social Science (specialising in Pastoral Care)
- a Masters of Social Science (specialising in Pastoral Counselling)
- School Counsellor (P-12) qualifications and experience.
Amanda is also a:
- Youth Worker (at Homeless Youth Shelter)
- Salvo Care Line (Telephone Counsellor)
- Member of the Queensland Guidance Counselling Association.
Amanda follows up with students once parental permission has been given.