At Grace Primary we support a range of students with needs.
Some students have what is known as an Education Adjustment Profile (EAP) which covers areas like:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Intellectual Impairment
- Physical Impairment
- Vision or Hearing Impairment
- Speech & Language Impairment
- Social Emotional Disorder.
Other areas of need may include:
- English Language Learners
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Heritage
- Attention Difficulties
- Processing Difficulties
- Dyslexia or Dysgraphia
- Learning Differences or Difficulties.
Students are supported in a number of ways as determined by the evidence and data collect. They include:
- Use of Support Personnel (Specially Trained Teachers and Teacher Aides) to provide assistance to students
- in one-one
- small group
- or as part of a differentiated/developmentally based learning program.
- Use of Technology
- access to software programs such as Text Read Write Gold and Kidspiration/Inspiration
- all classrooms have an FM system that research shows is beneficial for improved communication and student focus.
- Modifications and adjustments can include:
- reduced work load
- increased amount of time
- sensory breaks
- providing scaffolded notes
- using hands on materials.
- Teachers aim to differentiate within their classroom environment. This means they may vary:
- content (what is taught)
- process (how it is taught)
- or product (outcome of student learning).