Grace Primary supports students from Prep to Year 6 through specially planned transition experiences.
Transition to Prep
Pre-Prep children and families experience transitions to Grace Primary when they come to:
- Open Day sessions
- Principal Tours
- Excursions to Grace Prep
- Parent Orientation Evenings
- Orientation mornings.
Prep students are given gradual support from Term 1 to Term 4 to transition further to the school grounds with the support and guidance of their Year 5 school buddies.
Transition from Year 6 to Secondary Schooling
Year 6 students also experience secondary transition opportunities to Grace College in the following manner:
- Parent and student information evening about Grace College
- Grace College teacher visit for a ‘Meet and Greet’ time
- Grace College and Grace Primary combined instrumental workshop and performance
- Grace College Open Morning
- Year 6 excursion to Grace College.
The January transition experience is one of the most important transition times for our students and is very valuable for:
- The one to one visit for student and teacher so that the student can meet their teacher for the year
- Students see their desk and can freely move around the room to gain a sense of belonging and welcome
- Students work out the layout of the classroom and the items in the room and the expectations for the class
- Students see the class list and can come to understand how some of their friends may be in different classes.